15 Thoughts I Had While Reading "Now That I've Found You" by Kristina Forest

 

Summary:

 A YA novel about searching for answers, love, and your eccentric grandma in all the wrong places.

Following in the footsteps of her รผberfamous grandma, eighteen-year-old Evie Jones is poised to be Hollywood’s next big star. That is until a close friend’s betrayal leads to her being blacklisted . . .

Fortunately, Evie knows just the thing to save her floundering career: a public appearance with America’s most beloved actress—her grandma Gigi, aka the Evelyn Conaway. The only problem? Gigi is a recluse who’s been out of the limelight for almost twenty years. Days before Evie plans to present her grandma with an honorary award in front of Hollywood’s elite, Gigi does the unthinkable: she disappears.

With time running out and her comeback on the line, Evie reluctantly enlists the help of the last person to see Gigi before she vanished: Milo Williams, a cute musician Evie isn’t sure she can trust. As Evie and Milo conduct a wild manhunt across New York City, romance and adventure abound while Evie makes some surprising discoveries about her grandma—and herself.


My 15 Thoughts:

๐Ÿ’Ÿ "Well DAMN read his ass Ms. Evelyn" The main character's grandma, Gigi, definitely speaks her mind or she is OVER all the bullcrap that man put her through. A very engaging way to open the book. I feel like it was a good way to set up the background information of the book.

๐Ÿ’ŸHer friend, Simone, is comparing her successes to hers.....LAWD I knew this was coming. EVERYONE IS ON THEIR OWN TIMELINE!! Patience young one (She said NO. I want it NOW!)

๐Ÿ’ŸMilo liked her jacked-up looking hair! A keeper ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ’ŸNot Gigi being a vegan most of Evie's life but there's fried chicken on the table and on her plate. Is it fried tofu?? Fried jackfruit??....no that's chicken LOL

๐Ÿ’ŸI think the offer made to Evie is such BS because it's like the person who's offering it to her is dangling this amazing opportunity with demands. That seems a bit toxic for the other individual involved who has to approve.

๐Ÿ’ŸMilo is cute, he's constantly dropping truth bombs, he's a musician, singer, AND has a nose ring. I mean come on Black KING!!

๐Ÿ’ŸRaf being confused about why Evie deleted her account shows that sometimes situations seem like a big deal to you at that moment but not always in the grand scheme of things. Or the boy just doesn't check up on the news.

๐Ÿ’ŸEvie is still very much in her own bubble and still only worried about the outcomes of her career and not the potential emotional and mental effects it could have on her grandmother. It's a bit frustrating.

              ๐Ÿ’–  ALSO, Evie really blows things a little out of proportion but that's also because her upbringing is glamorous LOL. Not everything is a scandal girl!!

๐Ÿ’ŸSHE SLEPT IN WITH A HEAD SCRAF!! The essentials and I love the constant reminder of it. 

๐Ÿ’ŸEvie is trying very hard to not act like she got the hots for Milo. Okay girl. Do you!! I'd be giggling like an idiot and pulling the small piece of my afro behind me hair every minute.

๐Ÿ’ŸNot Evie saying she and Milo will have to work together and put their differences aside when he has only been nice and forthcoming to her. He's truly just gone along with most of her stuff.

๐Ÿ’ŸMilo: 

๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ‘‹

The girls in the crowd: 

    ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ˜

Evie: 

๐Ÿ˜’

 inch ...

๐Ÿ˜‘

 resting

             *She's literally in denial of her own swooning LOL

๐Ÿ’Ÿ"Just like a white man to try and steal your joy" when I tell y'all I cackled very loudly.

๐Ÿ’ŸI'm SCREAMING at Evie thinking people are gonna recognize her when she's wearing a disguise, but yes Milo!! Little starlet king!! He's probably a local favorite.

๐Ÿ’Ÿ"What if he doesn't care anymore?" GURL, HE GAVE YOU HIS LUCKY GUITAR PICK DO NOT PLAY WITH ME.

 

This is only a small look into my brain while I read this book. I had a lot of thoughts written down but overall this book was SUCH a cute young adult contemporary romance book. I gave this book 4 stars on Goodreads and this book truly makes me want to run around NYC with a cute boy who has a nose ring (WHAT no I'm not talking about Milo).  I read it in 2 days and it was just so easy to get wrapped into Eve and Milo's little adventure. Kristen's storytelling was so well done and I can't wait to read more of her work. It really makes me want to see this as a movie (Netflix why aren't you answering my tweets or emails??). You can see the lookbook I did based on the characters on my Instagram: @rosegoldreader


What's your favorite Young Adult Contemporary or YA Romance?

You can buy the book here: 

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Books a Million | Powells

0 comments