Map Of The Soul ON:E Virtual Concert Review



BTS or Bangtan Sonyendan or………Bulletproof Boy Scouts………..or Beyond The Scene…..but I'm just gonna refer to them as BTS. They are a 7 member South Korean boy band who debuted in 2013 with their album 2 Cool 4 Scool.


 

The members consist of:

  • RM (the leader, smart, I'm sure was born with an excellent credit score, knows English, cannot drive or cut properly )
  • Suga (that's my mans, I would cut his steak and feed it to him if he asked. He seems very serious but is a goof)
  • Jin (the oldest and king of dad jokes, his laugh also sounds like a window wiper)
  • Jhope (the actual sun, please look it up in your science textbook, he's there)
  • Jimin (pretty boy who is so cute but sometimes the )
  • V (a demon who tries to keep me up at night with his good looks….but also soft boi)
  • Jungkook (man-child who works out so much and a heartthrob, but also shy boy)

 

I first heard of BTS when I did a project on the influence Black American Hip Hop had on the rest of the world and I came across videos of them on a show called BTS American Hustle Life where they stayed in LA for 2 weeks and were mentored by hip hop tutors. It's really cringey and funny, but it really does give new fans an insight on how far they've come (I'm not getting emotional YOU ARE)

OKAY ENOUGH BACKGROUND INFO!!

So I recently got a new paid internship which means a ✨paycheck✨. Which REALLY means more disposable income for BTS. So with my shiny new paycheck I recalled that BTS was having a virtual concert to make up for all the other tour dates being postponed due to…….ya know COVID. So I was like yes lemme get my lil card out and buy one ticket for the first day. It was $40 and worth EVERY PENNY IN MY EYES. Because one thing BTS is gonna do is PERFORM!! YOUR HONOR THEY'RE SERVERS!! Also this concert was a nice way of easing the pain of me not being able to see them at what was SUPPOSED to be my first BTS concert this year.

So I bought the ticket and the day before the concert I realized I didn't even look at the time and convert it to my local time. When I checked it I realized that the concert was going to start at 6am for me……..also I should've mentioned that I was twisting my freshly washed hair at midnight so really I had a couple hours before the concert. I swear I heard the clown music start up. Luckily for me I often sleep deprive myself and have done so for BTS related things in the past. So I finished twisting my hair and took a 2-3 hour nap. I had to wake up earlier than the concert because my laptop takes 5 years to crank up.

SO the concert begins and I turn on my fairy lights because I don't have an actual BTS lightstick (I am not paying them shipping fees LOL). 

 

Okay so now I'm going to describe the concert with some pictures, GIFS, and Videos that have no sound because I couldn't figure that out

 

A marching band is the first to appear on the stage and I'm OH SNAP!! They said we HAVE the budget.



The boys came out in outfits of what I thought were reincarnations of Michaels Jacksons spirit on that stage. (My mom called them Michael Jackson impersonators and chile........anyway)


The first song they performed was ON and the choreography for that is just excellent. The next two songs they preformed were N.O. and We Are Bulletproof part 2. Which are BTS classics!

In between each stage there are prerecorded videos of the members looking fresh, lookin smooth, lookin fione. Perfect transitions for the members to change and for me to drool and try to catch my breath (just kidding I was not screaming at 6am my family would fight me)


RM then appeared on the stage and began to perform his solo Persona. He was wearing a choker with his baggy school uniform inspired stage fit.

 After this all the members came out and they performed Boy in Luv and Dionysus. In between these two songs they had their first ment, which is when they take a break to speak to the fans.


 

This is when I realized some ARMYs (that's what BTS fans are called because we'll go to war for them….this is a joke it's actually an acronym for Adorable Representative M.C for Youth) were tuned in via webcam and  they are very brave for paying for that. I am not strong enough to be camera ready for BTS with little sleep. I was in a headscarf and still had my sleeping mask on my forehead, but good for the fans who said they gon SEE ME TODAY.


The next recorded video started off looking very soft but then the members started  being surrounded by black smoke or black paint which transitioned to Suga's solo Shadow.


This transition into Black Swan was very smooth and Jimin's solo performance was so beautiful

 


Then the rap line preformed their song UGH! A song that will get you energized and heated even if you're not in the mood. I literally can't listen to it if I want to be calm.


Next the vocal line performed their cookout classic 00:00 (Zero O'clock) with their cute lil 2 step slide dance that I would like to learn and perform in the audience with them.

 

After another pre recorded clip the vocal line all preformed their solo songs.


Jungkook with his song My Time…..his fit here…….my head is empty, only thots of how those pants fit.

 

Jimin with his song Filter, I'm pretty sure the song isn't sensual but the way Jimin sings it will have you think otherwise. Jimin said uplift the folks but make it hot.

 

Then we nicely move to Jin's performance with his song Moon. I loved his stage so much and his song is so cute. MY HEART.

 


Next was V's performance of Inner Child and it was a little emotional for me but then I guess they tried to get the fans who tuned in via webcam to sing a long to the chorus and it was a little delayed (and made me laugh) but I saw the vision.

 

J-hope performed Outro: Ego which is such a happy song that was getting me pumped up even though I was exhausted and hungry at this point. The positive energy J-hope radiates is UNMATCHED!!


Towards the end of Ego the guys ran out and immediately started to perform Boy With Luv which is a lil pop cutie song.


After another break to talk to the fans (aka ME) they preformed DNA, Dope, and No More Dream.


 

Their preformance of No More Dream reminded me of Legendborn by Tracy Deonn. Like it looked so magical but dark which is Legendborn. Read Legendborn and stream BTS 💕



Then the boys changed and came out in the concert merch (which I did not buy because even tho they looked cute, I know I could make a sweatshirt design cuter. And yes I'm talking to the bighit merch design team).


They then proceeded to sing Butterfly, Run, and Dynamite.

 Run was actually the song/music video that really sealed the deal and made me fall in love with BTS 😚





After another break talking to the fans (once again ME, we're basically best friends at this point) also side note Jimin cried and um so did I-

 


They preformed their last song, We Are Bulletproof: Eternal. I have talked a lot of crap about this song because when I saw the title before the song came out I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING GUN SHOTS but no they gave us a wholesome song about giving each other strength and I definitely cried when they performed it. HOW CAN YOU MISS PEOPLE YOU'VE NEVER EVEN MET? THIS IS SO SICK-

Anyway they did their farewell and final bow and left me in my room with my headscarf slipping and my sleeping mask still on my forehead with only 3 hours of sleep to my name.

 

Overall thots…..

It was worth the $40.


AND if you guys would like to watch it yourself…..I may have a link that leads to another link that may or may not lead to downloads for both days of the concert:

https://twitter.com/stayliberated/status/1315342197802242048?s=20 

If you've made it this far who's your favorite member? If you don't know BTS like that what's an artisit you would pay money for to attend their virtual concert?

0 comments